[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
ACLAME • View topic - lyophilizing phage

lyophilizing phage

Forum to discuss about phage related experiments.

Moderator: raphael

lyophilizing phage

Postby JWertz » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:02 pm

I was wondering if anyone has a tested protocol for lyophilizing phage. I am about to start some experiments to determine what lyophilization methods work well for lytic phage, and I was hoping I could get some input from other researchers who have experimented with this.

Sincerely,

John E. Wertz
Director
E. coli Genetic Stock Center
john.wertz@yale.edu
JWertz

Re: lyophilizing phage

Postby Kraweel » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Dear John,
have you been successful in lyophilizing the phages? Unfortunately i do not have the neccessary equipment for lyophilizsation, however this would be a wonderful method for a long time storage if the phages are still infectious after reactivation.

Sincerely,
Dirk Müller-Hagen
Kraweel

Return to Experimental protocols