[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
ACLAME • View topic - feature suggstion

feature suggstion

The place to post suggestions or problems about the MeGO section of the web site.

Moderator: raphael

feature suggstion

Postby mellabee » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Thanks for the clear, curated ontology.

For phage genome annotation, I normally blastp my phage proteins against all proteins from phage genomes to which other phage shares hits to mine, whether synteny or not is another question. While now using MeGO to help my annotation, I realize this would be a great feature. If I run blast with a multifasta file, could I see a ranked "bin" of the phages in the MeGO groups shared by my phage? If not clear...it would be great to see a list of phages that share MeGO hits with mine, with the phages with most shared groups at the top.

Just a :geek: :idea:
mellabee

Re: feature suggstion

Postby raphael » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:52 am

Hi Melissa,

Nice suggestion. I could add this feature on the ACLAME Blast interface (http://aclame.ulb.ac.be/Tools/blast.html).
When submitting multiple sequences, there is the list of query sequences displayed on top of the Blast results, I could add an option to view the hits by phage there, sorting the phages according to the number of hits.
I'll give it a try this week.

Cheers,

Raphael
raphael
Site Admin

Postby mellabee » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi Raphael,
yea, cool, that is exactly what I was imagining. I will keep my eyes open ;)

Thanks,
Melissa
mellabee

Postby raphael » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi Melissa,

I added your feature request to the Blast interface (http://aclame.ulb.ac.be/Tools/blast.html)
After submitting multiple sequences, the result page gives on top the Query sequences list.
Now, next to it, there is a switch to MGE view link. Just click on it and the results will be displayed based on MGEs hits distribution.
For each MGE, the list of query and hit sequences will be shown in the table side by side + the ACLAME annotations for the hit sequences, whenever available.
Let me know if this fits your needs.

Cheers,

Raphael
raphael
Site Admin

Return to MeGO